|PCR RNA vs PCR DNA at exactly 21 days - PLEASE HELP
Jun 27, 2012
I had unprotected sex on June 16. I am going to take a test on July 7, but I do not know which test to take. At 21 days, which test do you recommend, the PCR RNA or the PCR DNA. I will of course follow up with an antibody test at 12 weeks, but for peace of mind the cost of taking one of these tests is totally worth it. Advice please and thank you so much for this site.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
If you are going to get a PCR you want the HIV RNA test. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Rna Pcr Test 6 Weeks After Unprotected Sex
- Pcr Dna After 28 Days Due To Immune Deficiency
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.