Can hand sanitizer kill HIV?
Jun 27, 2012
A friend of mine had sex with a girl considering she was HIV+ and he touched my phone can HIV be killed by any kind of hand sanitizer? I'm scared!!!! I just had my 6 month test 2 days before this!!!!!!
Response from Mr. Glenn
There is no way for you to get HIV from touching the same phone that someone who's HIV positive touched. None. There is no risk of getting HIV from casual contact.
So the question of whether or not hand sanitizer kills HIV isn't helpful.
There's a lot of information in our archives about how HIV is and isn't transmitted. Feel free to explore!
Hope this helps,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.