hepatitis and hiv test results
Jun 27, 2012
pls doctor, Can a person with hepatitis go for hiv lab test and mistakingly came out been hiv positive?....
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
While there is some evidence that having some diseases can interfere with a HIV test, we're moreso talking about getting an "indeterminate" result than a false positive.
All that said, what's important about getting an accurate test result isn't figuring out if there's something that will mess with the test. It's making sure you wait the right amount of time (at least 3 months) after being at risk for HIV.
So the question for you know is if you wanted long enough after having risk for HIV..
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.