|Is it possible infected throught saliva?
Jun 26, 2012
1.Is it possible to infect HIV through saliva and body fluids while kissing through the baby? 2.What is the preventive measures for the family living together with an infected family member?
| Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your questions,
1. It is not possible to get HIV from saliva
2. First off, HIV is only transmitted under certain conditions. We need HIV positive fluid to leave someone's body and go immediately/directly inside another person's body. This will only happen under certain situations: sex, breastfeeding, sharing needles, and an environmental hazard.
The environmental hazard would include if there was a significant accident including blood where the HIV+ person is cut in some profound way and another person somehow gets that blood into their body.
This will not happen through casual contact. It just won't.
Is there a HIV positive person in your family that you're concerned about? It might help to ask them their opinion on your questions..
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS Through Saliva?
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Saliva?
- Rubbing Stripper Scared I Have AIDS
- Sharing A Razor How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Testing Negative After Period Blood
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.