Blood in the Gatorade

I usually don't worry about this kind of stuff but here it goes. Today I went to the store and got a Gatorade off-the-shelf. When I got back to my office I opened the Gatorade I did hear the bottle pop when I opened it and began drinking it. When I was about halfway done I noticed a strange taste in my mouth. It tasted like blood so I spat into an empty Dixie cup and of course there was blood mixed in with the Gatorade. I am 100% sure it was blood as it tasted like it and it looked just like blood. I haven't noticed any cuts in my mouth or anything bleeding and I did bite my cheek earlier today but it wasn't bleeding . I am starting to get an Ulcer but from what I can remember I haven't tasted or see any blood before I drank the Gatorade.

If we play worst case scenario and the blood was not mine and somebody syringed blood into the gatorade is there any risk from this since I probably had the blood in my mouth and drank it. Assuming no since it is exposed to the enviroment. Please answer

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is absolutely no risk from the situation you're talking about. None. For the simple reason that even if there were blood in the gatorade it would have been outside a human body for such a long period of time that there'd be no way for it to infect you. HIV can not live outside of a human body.

Hope this helps your mind from racing!

Erik

Risk of infection through blood/skin-contact
Breast sucking and virgin touching