HIV from sharing a drink
Jun 26, 2012
i have an ulcer in my mouth and i share drink from water bottle and cigg with my friend. he got hiv. will i get it too? thanks alot for the ans!!!
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
There is no way to get HIV from the situation you describe. You can't get HIV from saliva. If there were a HIV+ body fluid it would need to be there in significant quantities. None of this happened in the situation you described.
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Women More Likely To Catch Herpes Than Men?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What Is The Name Of The Shingles Vaccine?
- What Is The Chance That You Have Herpes If You Have Never Had An Outbreak?
- What Does Hpv Do To Your Body?
- Percentage Of Teens With Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.