Will i get HIV Infected if i have sex with a POZ partner who has an Undectectable load?

I recenlty met a man who is HIV +. I am Negative. We want to have sex and I want to do bareabck. i will be the top. Will i get hiv if we engage in bareback sex, even if he is undetectable?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Since your partner is undetectable, the likelihood of transmission is definitely lowered. Also, because you are the insertive partner, that further reduces your risk. However, I must advise you that by engaging in unprotected penetrative sex, you are putting yourself at risk. Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is one of the best ways to protect yourself. Whether or not you decide barebacking is worth the risk is up to you.

In health,

Richard

touched condom after vaginal sex
Virgin touch and HIV transmission