Precum risk

3 weeks back, I had a sexual encounter with a male prostitute. He first oral me, then used his finger to tap on my precum and tap it on his own penis head (as if to lubricate himself), he then tap the same finger (which possibly contain his own precum then) back to my penis head, he repeated this process a few times. We then did protected anal sex.

My worries is that assuming he is HIV+, might he have transferred the HIV virus by tapping his own precum on to my penis head and hence the virus enters my urethra?

Also, he seem to slightly bite my penis a bit when he oral me and it sort of freaked me out should he have caused some abrasion on my penis, does it increase chances of HIV transmission from oral sex this way?

I understand that HIV virus can enter the mucous membrance from the penis urethra?

About 4-5 days after this exposure, I experienced itchiness in my urethra. There is no pain when urinating, no discharge, just itchiness within the urethra. I visited a doctor and was given antibiotics (suspected urine tract infection), which upon finishing the course helped to clear the itchiness.

I did a HIV antibody test 14 days after exposure and the result is negative. I wanted an antigen test but the doctor ordered a wrong test.

Please advice me on my risk of HIV, especially on the part of precum tapping from penis head to penis head. Just afraid HIV can enter through urethra.

Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

During unprotected penetrative sex, the virus can be forced into the urethra by the thrusting motion of sex. It is not likely that the virus, even if it was present would be forced into your urethra from the tapping that occurred. In addition, the virus does not live well outside of the body. Any virus that was present would not likely be able to cause an infection.

In regards to the bit on your penis. HIV needs direct access to the bloodstream for an infection to occur. Furthermore, the virus itself must be present for there to be a risk. It doesn't sound like either of those things happened.

Bottom line: I would not be concerned.

In health,

Richard

sex with an HIV partner
please please help me - someone