infection re occuring

Hi, iv been hiv positiv for 1 year now and what worries me is that I have sores on my private parts that keep on coming and going and currently I'm not sexualy active but still I have infections, can you please tell me if they will affect my cdv count as in make it go down and is there a way that they can go away or its something I'm gonna have to live with since I am hiv potitive. I'm a 22 year old female

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I would suggest you talk with your HIV provider about these sores so that they can examine them, and test them to determine the exact cause. Once you know exactly what you are dealing with, you can be treated and for many causes of sores they can either be treated and cured or you can likely go on medication to stop outbreaks. This all depends on exactly what they are (which unfortunately only an exam and testing will tell). Certainly having a high CD4 count is important and I would also suggest talking to your dr about this (if you haven't already.) Take care, LHW

PEP for unprotect vaginal sex
nose bleed during sex