Precum Exposure... So Stupid!

So Im a female and I was making out with a guy and he inserted his penis inside my vagina unprotected for like two minutes, did not ejaculate. I had previously asked his status and his last test was negative and he stated he'd used protection since (though not with me for those first few minutes!) We'd both been drinking and caught up in the moment I suppose, but then stopped when we realized what we were doing...

I'm freaking out and rightly so. Erik, what is my risk? And what should I do? A test at six weeks?

I'm beside myself with worry!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Sounds like this was risky for HIV, however, it's much lower risk than if he had ejaculated and had penetrated you for a half hour or something.

Pre cum can transmit HIV and unprotected penetration can transmit HIV. However, he was only inside for a brief period of time.

I can understand your worry, the way I usually react when I hear about situations like these is to encourage you to get tested at 3 months. But to also find a way to manage your worry in the meantime that includes coming to terms with how your risk was not the risk we talk about with long, unprotected, maybe dry, maybe rough, to completion kind of sex. You just had enough risk that we want you to be tested just to make sure we know your status for sure.

Hope that helps!

Erik

abundance of white cells seen on pap culture HIV?
Prostate massage