potential risk from water splash 2nd part

Hi Doctor Wohl,

Thank you very much for the answer of my previous question.

A follow up on my question, does you answer imply that the hiv virus would still be alive after those 5 min in the toilet water, but very much diluted by the environment, or completely gone by that period of time? Let's say I had small cuts or a fissure on my anus and there was in fact a brief contact with the contaminated water? I know this is a very improbable scenario, but what if it does happen, maybe not now and not to me but somewhere? What do you think, could it lead to a possible transmission?

Thanks again for your time, K from Europe

If in some strange world where the bizarre is commonplace someone placed a cup of HIV infected blood in a bowl of water, yes there would be viable virus in that nasty mix.

I am not sure that helps you in any way. The important thing is that even still, splashing this on your bottom would be very very very unlikely lead to HIV infection.

can I move on..
Please set my mind at ease Dr. Wohl!