getting married

hi i am a positive guy, 27, on atripla since last 2 years, undetectable. now whats happening is i am getting married to my long term girl friend whose hiv negitive.i did read many archieves but coudnt find concrete answers so i am writing to you. 1.does being undetectable means we can have unprotected sex, we never had though, alwaz used condom. 2.i read many reports that being undetectable reduces risk to almost 96 percent, then a contradictory report saying being undetecatble doesnt mean i have nil virus in my semen. 3.i also had hpv warts 4 years back, got them freezed, and once an incident of some bacterial infection which was cured by azuthromycin, m negitive for hep a b c and vaccinated for all reccommended vaccines, does it some how reduces or increases chances of transmission. 3.can we have child, i mean using my own sperm. 4.can we have unprotected oral sex, means she giving me oral, and what are risks involved, any precautions,we should take before and after oral sex. 5. is post exposure proph, a must in case if condom brakes, without me ejacuating, and i pull out quickly. 6.can we use truvada, on daily basis as pre exposure, not recommended though, and have unprotacted sex, i wonder if it will work as i can have resistance to truvada, then?? 7.most imp, shall i marry her ??

Hi First congratulations! You must feel blessed! 1. There are studies now that say if your viral load is undetectable the risk of HIV transmission decreases by 96%. It's not 100% and there still is a 4% chance of transmission occurring. Wearing condoms or not is of course a mutual decision. The likelihood of HIV transmission is as you can see very very small but again not a guarantee. 2.See above answer 3. Having any other type of sexually transmitted infection increases the risk of transmission. You just need to be sure that all is well and either treated and not having a current outbreak or opening. 4. You can have unprotected oral sex. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. As long as there are no openings on your penis and no openings in her mouth, the chance of transmission is almost nil. I tell my husband that we have to wait for 45 minutes after brushing his teeth and if either of us have seen the dentist that day we should abstain for a day. Just because of any openings that may be there. 5. PEP is something you should talk to your healthcare provider about. But if your viral load is undetectable and it was just a brief exposure then PEP is not really necessary. 6. Truvada is an option, questions that you need to ask about it, will insurance cover the cost, is she willing to deal with the side effects and realize that she cannot miss any doses. But again if this is something she wants to do it is a great option. 7. Ooopps missed a question, yes you can have a child and yes you can use your sperm. Talk to your provider and an OBGYN HIV specialist about sperm washing and the suggestions on how to conceive!

AND YES MARRY HER!!!!

Broken Condom
sex with servant