Broken Condom

Bit of a long story, this....

I slept with a girl last night and when I pulled out I realised that the condom had broken. I mean, properly broken. I think it happened towards the end of the intercourse, and I felt something weird but carried on anyway.

Anyway, after I had finished I asked her what we should do about the morning after pill. She seemed weird about it and was like 'there's something else as well'. Turns out 2 and a half months previously she had been sexually assaulted in a nightclub by an unknown assailant. She screamed quite loudly and he withdrew without ejaculating and ran away; he was a white, 20 something male. Anyway, the next day she went to the police and they put her on PEP, just to be safe, as he wasn't high risk. She took the PEP religiously and got tested either 4 or 6 weeks after the incident, with what she said was a 'blood test' - I'm guessing a duo test. She said she had tested negative twice since the attack but needs to go back in July for a confirmatory test.

My main worry is my risk. She seemed fairly calm about the whole thing, whereas I'm freaking out a bit, to be honest. What ironic is that I recently had the chance to sleep with a girl who said she'd never been tested for anything, despite having a long-term ex who was fairly high risk (intravenous drug user), because 'she'd rather just not know and drop dead'. Ignoring the weirdness of that statement, I actually am more worried about the broken condom situation, which is probably, if anything, safer than that.

Can anyone help quell my anxiety? Should I go and get a test?

You should get tested just so you know what your HIV status is regardless. If your partner is correct and her testing is negative at 4-6 weeks post assault, there is little concern here. Thing is it is hard to know anything for sure and you by definition had unsafe sex. Despite the low risk, testing now and in another 4 weeks makes sense.

Sex with sex worker
getting married