|HIV concern from a beverage
Jun 23, 2012
I shared a green tea frappucino with my child. After taking a drink I saw blood on the inside rim and a little outside of the cup. We both touched the cup, is there a risk of contracting HIV from touching the cup or if any blood was in the drink? I don't want to put him through a blood draw if I don't need to. Thank you. I did notify the manager.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
No risk at all. HIV is very difficult to acquire orally and it is hard to imagine this being a risk at all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.