The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i am a mess

Jun 19, 2012

i had protectid sex with a sex worker2 ans 1/2 months ago . she said she is hiv negative . 4 weeks later i satarted to get hives acouple a day after 4 weeks of hive they got real bad all over my inner legs and hips and i had a bad sore throat . i went to the doctor he took blood and said it is an alergic reaction to something but they dont know what and my throte is fine.the hive last about a day then come back in a different spot, under my arm pit armes neck hair and stomach some time hands at night my eys get dry and are hardand my anus is real itchy to open it is aqlmost 8week and still have hives is this hiv? i am driving my self crazy i have a family .now today my wife has flu like symtems. please help i cant sleep

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Protected sex will not give you HIV, regardless of who you have sex with (unless the condom isn't used correctly, breaks, etc.). If you have a reason to think the condom didn't work then you could get tested soon - you're almost at the 3 month mark. That should help ease your mind.

Sounds like this is all caused by something else though (not HIV). You've seen a doctor already who's told you this. I would accept their advice and continue the conversations with them to get down to the bottom of what's causing the allergic reaction.

Hope this helps!


sewage up to waste
Bareback Anal Sex with an HIV-Positive Partner

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint