homeless man and blood

Hi Dr. Southall. I have two questions I hope you can answer for me. The other day I went into a store when I came out I noticed a homeless man sitting outside. He was cleaning a cut he had on his arm. Is there any risk if he went into the store about 10 minutes before me and left blood on the door handle. When I walked into the store I rubbed my eye so now I am very worried.If there was blood on the door would 10 minutes passing kill it. Please help me I am 20 weeks pregnant and do not want to add any extra stress onto the baby. Thank you in advance!

Hi, The short answer is no! HIV dies once it is outside of the body. The amount of blood on the door handle would need to be significant and you need to have a large opening on your hand. Also just because he is homeless does not mean he has HIV. You are fine!

Be well and good luck with the pregnancy, Shannon

Symptoms 6 months
por que mis cd4 subieron y mi carga viral bajo?