Please please., answer...

I went to a new place to eat. They serve sandwichs that they toast in an oven( it was very tasty) When they served it to my table, I noticed that on the botton of the bread there seemd to be a large spot that was wet, or greasy with something. Not quite sure of the color...Maybe just butter but now I am worried. Normally I would not have eaten it, but I am pregnant and have gestational diabetes and have been having really hypo glycimies and I start to sweat and shake and that is how I was feeling at that moment, and I was so hungry so I ate the whole thing wthout worriying. After wards I started worrying and I was getting a really sore throat. My dore throat persisted though out the night and is still there. I also seem to be getting a cold. I am now concered that the young man who made my sandwich had HIV and it was blood on the bottom of my bread and now I am going to get HIV and give it to my unborn baby. I know that the guy had gloves on, He had tatoos up his arm, so tattoos also make me scared that people could have HIV/Hep.

What are my chances I got HIV from the wet looking spot on the bread. And how is it that I read that HIV would not survive in the stomach acid. Getting in your stomach would give it access to the bloodstream, or little cuts going down te espohogus....I am sooo scare, cause I started getting sore throat and feeling sick shortly after..

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am just really scared for my baby that is soon going to be born. I would be worried to breast feed him/her if there is something that could be transmitted...

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- No, you cannot get HIV from soggy bread. My guess is that those sandwiches do include some butter to make them deliciously toasted and while you may get an elevated cholesterol, you cannot get HIV. Eat away. Take care, LHW

PEP criteria / risk assesment
Please help