Concerned....

I had unprotected Oral sex last week (receiving end). I was told afterward they were HIV positive. there was no bleeding in the mouth that I could see, since we were kissing I would have been able to taste it. It lasted a few mins and I did cum in thier mouth. I am freaking out coz coz I don't want to spread it to anyone else. I called the HIV test hotline abt getting agift and they said to wait for 3 months. She said as long as there was no "gushing" blood the rick is low. I have read many articles and they all seem to go that way. But i also read in webMD there are higher chances for the recieving end. I am worried what if I didn't know and I spread it to someone else? I am going to get it checked this week..its going to be hard to ask the doc for this test..since this kind of thg isn't in my normal life style..

Hi Oral sex does carry the LOWEST risk of HIV transmission. I agree with the person you spoke with on the hotline. As far as testing goes the guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.

You would not be someone that we would recommend testing for from just the exposure you have described because again the likelihood of HIV transmission is so very small.

please help
worried