Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV person a late stage and transmission
Jun 12, 2012

Hi there,

I'm a 32 y/o gay male, HIV negative who may have been exposed to HIV two days ago. Here what happened to me.

I was jogging in a Park near where I live when I met a very nice gay guy (52 y/o) who was also jogging.

We started a conversation and after a 30min talking we ended up in a reclusive spot in the park.

He hold my hands and touched my body. Soon afterwards, he kissed and licked my face and my neck all over. He also kissed my lips (it's wasn't a deep kiss, because I kept my lips closed). And finally I masturbated him for one or two minutes (there was no fluids at all coming from his penis, not even pre-cum).

Then he invited me to go to his place and I decided to ask him what his HIV status was. He said he was positive and that he had been HIV positive for the past 18 years. I freaked out and left.

Now I'm really worried that I might have gotten HIV from him, because he licked my face and I had a little scrape (it was two days old and there was a crust) from shaving two days before. Is this possible, I mean getting infected by his saliva?

I assume he was in the late stage of the disease, because besides been infected for 18 years and I noticed he had some facial waste, probably from antivirus drugs.

Note that there were no further physical contact (no deep kiss, no oral sex, no anal sex, nothing at all), besides him licking and kissing my face and neck and I touching his penis.

I am very worried, anxious, and scared.

Thank you,

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You are not at risk! Licking you and kissing you does not pose a risk and you masturbating him does not pose a risk either!

You are fine there was no direct exchange of body fluids. My guess as well is that he is on medication for his HIV and if so and if his viral load is undetectable than the risk of HIV transmission reduces by 96%. But again nothing that you described put you at risk.

Be well and be safe, Shannnon

Previous
HAVE I BEEN INFECTED TO HIV
Next
Risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.