Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please advise urgently
Jun 11, 2012

Recently while browsing through the internet i just got stuck with this hiv forum and since then i have developed a paranoia about my 3 year old incident

Please judege my sceanrio

I had a sex with a prostitue 3 years back in may 2009 .during the sex my condom broke just from the base but i was lucky enough to identify in say about less than 3-4 strokes and i remember the tip of the condom being intact also i had no cuts etc on my penis whatsoever

however just in less than 36 hours i developed a rash which resided in a day ( may be due to the fungi i found in my towel , or allergy to tea tree oil product which i had just started using a day before this event)

Other than that i had no ARS symptoms during 2-4 week .once i had a very very mild sore throat due to the fact i used to live on 25th floor and its always windy and used to talk on phone in the balcony which i simply got treated with hot water without any medication

Other than that over the course of 3 years i am healthy and gained a lot wight

Now my questions are

1).since i sternly remember the top of the condom was intact and i remember i definitely took it out say in less than 3-4 strokes . what are the chances of infection?

2).was th rash which occured in less than 36 hour(just a day after) after exposer was some sought of a indicator

PLEASE ADVISE what should i do this happed in may 2009 . your advise is really important

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

1. Not likely

2. No

You need to be tested for HIV. Anyone who is sexually active should be tested at least once a year. Preferably every six months. In addition, you should be tested for all other STD's. Taking control of your health is the only way to protect yourself and your partners.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Symptoms post exposure
Next
hiv infected by saliva

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.