I did oral sex to an HIV undetectable person WORRIED
Jun 11, 2012
I did oral sex to a person who is HIV undetectable and i swallowed his semen, i am very worried
Response from Mr. Cordova
I can understand that you are feeling worried. I'm here to tell you, don't worry - be happy! Oral sex continues to be a low-risk activity. Even if the person is HIV positive, the risk is still low. Furthermore, their undetectable viral low further DECREASES the likelihood that transmission would occur.
Bottom line: Your risk was extremely low and I would not be concerned. I do not recommend testing for this incident in particular.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Feel Hiv?
- Will The Army Accept You With Hiv?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Can You Get Hiv By Swallowing?
- Can Hiv Symptoms Show In Less Than A Week?
- If You Have A Sore Throat Does That Mean U Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.