condom breakage

I had sex with a guy. I was top. After we changed position I checked a condom (which was ok) and then I finished. After I took it out i realised the condom broke -top of it. I think I was exposed for a few minutes. Been on pep now but feel terrified. Dont know this guy.

Please tell me what you think

Hi PEP is your best option, though know that being the top does lessen your chance of HIV transmission but it is still a possibility. Though you feel rotten during your PEP treatment this is your best option to prevent transmission. Try and deal with the side effects and with the testing course your health care provider recommends.

Hang in there, Shannon

Hiv risk?
Unprotected oral, protected anal