standing in front of an hiv infected child with and scratching my skin
Jun 10, 2012
I was standing at a quite a distance from the bed of an hiv infected child and then suddenly i felt an itch at my elbow. So I scratched my elbow and a tiny amount of lood oozed out of it. Should I be concerned ?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No need to be concerned. HIV is not airborne and you did not have a direct exchange of body from the child.
You are fine.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Diarrhea An Ars Symptom?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bacteria That Causes Hepatitis B
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.