Jun 10, 2012
I was worried about hiv and therefore i had some tests
real time pcr rna at 15 days- negative real time pcr rna at 37 days-negative HIV Ag(p24)/HIV Ab(type1+type2)(CMIA) at 60 days-negative
Can i move on? are these test conclusive?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.
That is with just an oral or blood rapid test when you have a PCR test done these are conclusive. So with the number of PCR test you have had run I feel comfortable telling you that you are negative and you can move on.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.