Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV possibility with madonna piercing??!
Jun 10, 2012

Hallo, so I'm a virgin college student and want to stay that way. About 3 days ago I got a madonna piercing.(Right upper lip stud). I was partying in a club and this random guy walked up to me and asked if my companion was my boyfriend? (My companion is gay). I said no and thought a confersation would be nice, but he just grabbed me and stuck his tongue in my mouth. I was so shocked so I just stood there . While he kissed me my piercing started to hurt(this was weird because I did'nt hurt much previously, but ofcourse pressure was applied). So my I shoved him and told him my piercing was hurting. Then he showed me he had a tongue piercing. But it did'nt have a ball so it was basically a spike, needle thing through his tongue. I was soo furious so I ran to the bathroom to check for any bleeding. Luckly nothing tasted or showed it. I cannot drink much alcohol because I previously had hepatitis A and I'm not the tipe of girl that has a urge to be active in any romantic activities. So I surely hope the chance is minor of getting infected with the virus. I'm 19 and hope nothing bad will happen. Thank you.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi. HIV transmission is highly unlikely in the scenario you described. There would have had to be a large volume of blood from him into your piercing. It sounds like this was not the case and so there is no need for concern.

Stay safe and be well, Shannon

Previous
Hi , just small thing
Next
Need your expert advice (follow-up)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.