Worried about HIV/AIDS

I went to the mall yesterday and tried on a baseball cap. When I tried on the baseball cap I didn't know there was a small sharp plastic edge sticking out of the cap until it scratched my forehead and the scratch started bleeding. What I am worried about is that if someone might have tried the cap on before me and got scratched too and ended up bleeding also. What if that person that may have tried on the cap before me may have had HIV/AIDS? Is it possible that I could get HIV/AIDS if someone did try the cap on before me and may have had HIV/AIDS? Please let me know I am very worried.

Hi The short answer is no, HIV transmission cannot happen this way. The long answer is that HIV dies once it is outside of the body. So if someone did cut themselves as you had on the hat and then you tried on the hat it would have had to happen immediately and there would have needed to be a large volume of blood.

No reason to be worried!

Need your expert advice
Please put my mind at ease