std or hiv testing
Jun 7, 2012
2 months ago i gave blood and urine tests. and the results were clean.. my question : Is it possible to have and STD and HIV if tests results were clean? Does those test shows STD or HIV?
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
HIV/STD tests are very good at telling us whether someone is infected. The key point is whether you've waited long enough after a risky situation to be tested. The general time to wait for HIV/STDs overall is 3 months after a risky situation.
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Yeast Infection And Genital Warts
- Why Do I Always Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.