blood - hydrogen peroxide

Hi all,

yesterday I was playing with my 2 years old child in the park, and suddenly he just fell down on the grass. He put his hand in some red substance, and then put this hand in his mouth. I was very scared, and thinking that this could be blood. I went to my car, and get some hydrogen peroxide 3%. Put this on that red substance and it didn't react to hydrogen peroxide (no bubble, foaming, nothing became white). Then I got some paper tissue to clean my son, and on this paper some pink stains appear.

1) If that substance didn't react to the hydrogen peroxide, means it was no blood? 2) is there any risk from this? 3) is hydrogen peroxide a good way to test if some substance is blood (wet/dry) ?

cheers

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

While I appreciate that this situation has you very curious, specifically around the hydrogen peroxide.. all of that is a moot point.

What really is if there was fresh blood and a way for it to get into your son's body.

We already know the mouth is NOT an efficient way for HIV to get in the body.

More importantly, the blood on the grass was NOT fresh and therefore did not pose any risk for HIV. We know it wasn't fresh because you didn't see someone immediately bleeding on the grass. If it were blood too much time would have passed between it leaving their body and your son touching it.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Sex with condom and prostitute
std or hiv testing