Am l at risk??

I was at work yesterday, when I noticed a red mark on my thumb, I realised that it wad blood i checked to see if I had cut myself and i hadn't, I was with a Asian male an asked if he had cut himself, i then noticed blood on his hand. I instantly washed hand. I then continued with my work, afterwards I realised I used the same pen, which may have had blood transferred to it from my thumb. Afterwards I have began to worry I am eight weeks pregnant, I did not have any cuts on my hand where I noticed blood, but on my opposite hand I have a small patch of eczema which has two little cuts. I am concerned that if the male had hiv or hep c it may have accidently transferred into my open wounds. Am I at risk and if so what should I do, please respond as I can not get it off my mind.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

HIV does not live well outside of the body. Any HIV present would be unable to cause infection, and cannot simply jump into your body. Just because there is a cut or abrasion present, does not mean the virus is able to gain access to the bloodstream.

While Hepatitis can live outside the body for longer amounts of time, it too cannot simply jump into your body. Transmission occurs more likely when there is a needle-stick, sharing of needles, or during more extreme sexual encounters where there is trauma to the tissues of the vagina and rectum i.e fisting or use of large toys. I hope this helps.

Bottom line: I would not be concerned.

In health,

Richard

chlamydia
nipple rubbing on nipple