Likely hood of a False Negative!? :(

I got a blood test and it came negative at 16 weeks. Could there be a chance that this is a false negative?! I'm really worried. Is there a need for me to get tested again?

HI The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you. This is because of what we call the window period the time in between the 3 week and 3 month testing. You could test negative and actually be positive. This is why the 3 month test is necessary. You are outside of the window period and have tested negative. You are fine.

rna pcr
Repeated Indeterminate Results