Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is it a symptoms of HIV? please help!
Jun 3, 2012

Dear Dr,

Apologize for my english in first place. I'm currently in the window period (45 days) i lost a lot of my weight (very unusual) about 5-8kg. im a person go to gym quite regular, during that time my weight won't drop. but recently after the last sex exposure(dont know whether infected or not), i lost my weight very fast. my chest, arm muscle, leg muscle are disappear. about 1-2 inches on my arm n leg. is that a symptoms of HIV+? I try to take more supplement and protein but it doesnt help. Weight keep dropping. also i lost my appetite and could that probably make my hand/feet no strength?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Not knowing if you have had an HIV exposure I would recommend that you receive testing. But also just a general follow up with your health care provider if it is not HIV there may be something else going on that needs follow up.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Worrying About Aids.
Next
Fingering without gloves

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.