Reliability of test
Jun 3, 2012
Are a negative PCR DNA test and Elisa antibody test done at 10 weeks post exposure considered conclusive? If not, under what circumstances would both test be simultaneously falsely negative?
Response from Ms. Southall
HI A PCR DNA test is conclusive. If it were negative than so are you.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test At 8 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.