Could I be HIV positive

I had an unprotecteed encounter with a sex worker in the UK about two months ago afterwhich I was placed on PEP. Upon completion of the course of medication, I returned for another test. I was called in shortly after for my blood to be tested again because the nurse said my blood level shows something abnormal with my liver. Could it be that I am actually HIV positive and they wanted to confirm or are health professionals not allowed to lie in this manner?

Hi Taking PEP was a good course to get on. Depending on what they put you on some PEP medications can cause liver elevations. If they were to talk to you about your tests results they would not lie to you. When you go back in for blood test again they should be checking the liver levels and giving you another HIV test.

Lap dance followed by swollen lymph nodes
Reliability of test