Swollen lymph nodes

On dec 20th, I had unprotected insertive anal sex for less than one minute. Then in one dec 28th i came down with tonisolitis. I took my antibiotics and the fever and swollen lymph nodes went away. I stop taking the antibiotics and i got sick again but this time it was pneumonia. Could this have been from contracting HIV for that incident? Aldo, then in early march, i starting feeling pain in my lymph nodes and I came down with something in tonsils. I got white patches on them and swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I took antibiotics and the fever and white stuff on the tonsils when away. However, i still have pain in my armpit lymph nodes and in both my armpit and neck i have swollen lymph nodes. What is my chance that I could be infected with hiv? does it help that the other guy tested 6 weeks after dec 20th and came out negative. this was 7 weeks after his last sexual encounter.

Hi You had unprotected sex and therefore put yourself at risk for HIV. The symptoms you are experiencing could be from ongoing tonsillitis, HIV symptoms are generally flu like symptoms, rash, low grade fever..This doesn't sound like HIV but since you had unprotected sex you need to be tested. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you. So the answer to your other question about your partners test, he could have been tested during this window period as well.

I highly encourage you to get tested to ensure you know your status.

Be well, Shannon

common warts finger open wound
Unsure and scared to test