|HIV in the kitchen
Jun 3, 2012
Hi, i just wanted to know, is it possible for someone to get infected through getting cut with a knife that someone HIV positive got cut with too just minutes before?, i dont remember if there was any blood on the knife, but im still pretty scared
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The likelihood of HIV transmission occurring in this way is very very small. There would have to be a large volume of blood present and the person who cut themselves after the HIV positive person would have to do it immediately following the cut. So yes theoretically it can happen but the chances are again so very small.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.