Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please i need help ...!!!
Jun 3, 2012

Dear Shannon Southall ,

I am a watcher of your answers on the site and I appreciate all the help you frightened of people diagnosed with HIV. My story is somewhat strange. . By about two and a half from now exposed to the position after the affect is still in my entire life. I've dated a girl which is being known of having multiple relations ( lesbian and men ) the only thing i did was rubbing here veginal using condom ( Durex ) extra safe . Next day after the inciedent in the morning i checked the condom and was no break or leak on it. This month i had ear infection in my right ear and the lymph node behind my ear enlarged for first time in my life and this stayed for 12 days and cured using antiboitic. Also im having little cyst in my earlobe which seemed to go and come back for while !! I went to doctor and he told me am not in hiv risk at all and he told me lymph node for hiv people will stay more than 3 months and is way way bigger than the one i had . i went to other doctor and he told me the first sign of hiv is ear infection and cyst in earlobe which make me upset now . please could you comment in my situation .

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Thank you for your kind words and I hope that my answer gives you the relief that you need. Your exposure presented no risk of HIV transmission.

The first typical signs of HIV are flu like symptoms, rash and low grade fever. Not an ear infection or a cyst.

I agree with the first doctor you saw who told you that yo are not at risk for having HIV.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Is it safe for someone HIV negative to use a hot tub with someone HIV positive?
Next
No sleep last 3 nights. PLEASE help, Dr. Southall!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.