HIV Symptoms 3 days after exposure

About 2 months ago I had anal sex lasting 5 minutes and realized the condom broke. I noticed pain urinating 2 days later and got tested and was positive for gonorrhea. On days 3 and 4 I awoke with night sweats but never again. I came down with a cold as well that week. I did not have a fever. No signs of any visable skin rashes. I did have swollen lymph nodes in my groin only (lasting 2 weeks). Not sure if it may have been caused by the gonorrhea infection. I had diarrhea lasting a week as well. (The diarrhea started before I began my doxycycline medication). All of these symptoms were gone 2 weeks after the exposure. I have heard that symptoms of HIV will not show for atleast 2 weeks. It is also important to note that I was not thinking of HIV infection until after I had symptoms. What do you think my risk is of contracting the virus and having those symptoms that soon? Thank you for your help.

Hi Unfortunately with the condom breaking you did put yourself at risk, obviously with contracting gonorrhea. Getting HIV tested is important.The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you. Everyone develops signs and symptoms at different times. Getting tested is the only way to truly know your status.

Be well and get tested! Shannon

Brief receptive anal without ejaculation
aids transmission