The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Brief receptive anal without ejaculation

May 30, 2012


Its 2 weeks since I had an encounter with someone. He rubbed his penis against my butt whilst I straddled him, then I let him enter me (stupidly without protection). I think he was in for about 30 seconds maybe a minute. No ejaculation took place. We then went back to the rubbing thing. His HIV status is unknown. Spoken to him afterwards and he says he's not poz but I know that mean nothing. Have since been to clinic, tested negative for hep b, hep c and syphilis, still waiting for some other results. They did HIV test which confirmed I didn't have it before the event (no other risks have taken place prior to this). So now got to wait another 4 weeks before real test. I'm petrified as you can imagine, worrying has taken over my life almost completely. There seems to be so much confusion over precum. Has there ever been a confirmed case like mine where this was the only exposure (i.e precum) and it resulted in HIV transmission.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You did put yourself at risk for HIV transmission by having unprotected anal sex and being the bottom increases the risk even more. You need to receive HIV testing as well as the other sexually transmitted infections. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.

Be well and get tested, Shannon

Help meee
HIV Symptoms 3 days after exposure

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint