May 30, 2012
Im having unprotected anal sex got gonorrhea and tested at 4 weeks negative, 79 day negative, and 97 day negative using rapid test (3 method rapid test, one is Oncoprobe)in Indonesia. Am i able to say that I am HIV negative?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Yes you are. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills Without Fever As A Sign Of Hiv
- Can You Get Hiv From Drinking Blood?
- Statistics Of People Contracting Hiv From One Encounter Of Unprotected Sex
- Teen Stds And Hiv Health Lesson Plans
- Is Aids Caused By A Lytic Or Lysogenic Virus?
- Can The Use Of Lubricants Containing Nonoxynol-9 Further Reduce Hiv Risk?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.