Positive or negative?

About a month ago I had a hook up with a 20 year old boy who appeared to be healthy but with unknown status. We did not do much except deep kissing and oral sex. When he sucked me I did not wear a condom, but I sucked him with a condom on. What really concerns me is that when I kissed him I had a bleeding cut in the inner of my lips due to dry weather. I tasted blood but was not aware of the risk so did not stop. Now as I think about it, he could also have had a bleeding lip cut because of the dry weather and there is a risk of transmission? Soon after that incident I had a small itchy rash on my face which has some liquids etc. I tried to treat it with cinotec cream and it got better but persisted as I stopped using the cream. 3 weeks after the incident I noticed swollen lymph nodes on my groins. The area seems to be quite tendered but I cannot tell coz I'm not a doctor. The right lymph node under my jaw appeared to be swollen too but I touched it too much to irritate it now I feel swallowing discomfort. Does it mean that I am likely to be infected with HIV?

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and using condoms obviously decreases the chances even more. Kissing is not a way for HIV transmission to occur either, but with the bleeding gums and if you both had this there is a very small chance of HIV transmission happening, as well as all of the other sexually transmitted infections, including herpes.

You could also just have a viral infection. I would recommend HIV testing just because of the bleeding gums, again though the chances are small but to give you peace of mind. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.

stabbed by a needle??
Worried about possible HIV risk