he threw feces at me in my car while in traffic

As the title suggests, a street kid threw a very small amount of feces at me. It 'knocked'the side of my head.

Now I have read the archives and they all say the risk is non existent UNLESS the feces contained blood. I was not able to wash up as I had to visit a construction site and only showerd when i got home in the evening (5 hours later I think).

My question is whats the risk involved here?

And on the off chance the feces contained blood whats the risk there? I dont think it touched my skin and I only have a cut on my back. (maybe a pimple on my neck)

Also what if it was fresh feces i.e. recent excrement he threw?

Lastly, if it was fresh and bloody, in that situation how risky would it be and would i need PEP? I couldnt find the piece in the car when i stopped and got out (it was a rental so i didnt bother really was just really scared and wanted to go shower)

I know it all sounds gruesome but I have to ask to put my silly mind at peace.

Kindest Regards,

Construction executive who had a 'crappy' day.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I have to admit, I'm answering your question primarily because I'd hate for you to even consider PEP when there's absolutely no risk from this situation.

I'm sorry to hear that someone did this to you, but even if the feces was was fresh and full of HIV+ blood there wouldn't be any risk at all. This is because there's no real way for it to have gotten inside your body in a timely sufficient way.

Hope this helps!

Erik

concerned
Please help me...I'm worried beyond belief