Tongue on a sex worker's genitalia

Dear doctor, I had sex with a sex worker in Nigeria and used a condom and it never broke. Me and the girl are friendly so when I offered to go down on her she said okay but I was scared and only tapped the area around her clit with my tongue for about a second. Is there a risk in that? I used to use your site a lot around 2003 when I was scared about something else I did. It was then that I discovered Dr. Bob and his wonderful writing and his wonderful sense of humor and his humanity. I hadn't checked The Body for years but when I looked up the experts for this question I didn't see Dr. Bob's picture and I looked around the site and discovered he had passed away. I think it's a great loss for The Body and for all the people he has helped and who he could help. There'll never be another like him, and I give a shout out to his husband and say I grieve with him.

Hi Thank you for your kind words about Dr Bob. We do most definitely miss him and he left huge shoes for us to fill!

Your risk is very small. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission.

low risk?
20 Years of Fear