Need Advice

Hi I was with a woman HIV+ for five years and always used a condom. I left her 3 years ago and at that time I tested myself with the Home Access HIV kit at 3 months and 6 months both where negative. Over the past 3 years Ive been scared that that test wasnt good enough and I have been to scared to get a test from doctor until two days ago, for I needed a rapid test done at the ER from a needle stick exposure at my job. First- I was wondering if I could finally take a break from worrying about risk from last girlfriend. second should I continue taking PEP for the source had two neg tests but seemed to be a risky patient. thanks for your time.

Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you. This is for home testing kits as well as in an office. With the two home test results and the one done in the ER you are HIV negative and no longer need to be taking PEP.

bruise and red dots
Numbness