Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help, 2nd time for asking
May 30, 2012

Dear Dr,

sorry for my english, this is the 2nd time im asking m i get infected. this is the 39 days of my last exposure, i had sex with a pub girl 39 days ago, before sex she did oral sex for me for few minits, then i put on my condom and start the sex, i cum when i insert to her vaginal, but i did not care and continue stroke for about 5 minits. during that precum i did not really know whether it make the condom broke and continue stroke, but when i pull out my penis, is not fully erected, i also worry the vagina fluid will go in to the condom from the end of the condom since it does not fully erect or from the broken condom(not sure precum and stroke after cum will make it broke or not).i had all the HIV symptoms start from 3rd weeks(exactly same weeks as what those HIV+ patients experienced).

1. Night sweat 2. Dizzy 3. white tongue 4. Arm pit, groin, neck pain (swollen lymph nodes?) 5. unusual lose weight (5kg lost) 6. no appetite to eat (feel like wanted to vomit when eat) 7. hand & feet no strength/energy 8. light sore throat & fever 9. feel like my body does not belong to me (cant control)

all this symptoms are HIV symptoms, i start very paranoid from 3rd weeks till now. i did a test on 3rd week result is negative, i understand that 3 weeks test is not conclusive, but at this moment, all the symptoms are so real, i probably had infected HIV+, and the waiting time of 3 months/12 weeks is killing me. I had went to see dr but they cant confirm what my sick. Dr, please help me, am i infected?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Though you used a condom which is a great thing you did experience it breaking and there was an exchange of body fluid. Not knowing either of your statuses the best thing to do is to be tested. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.

Most of the time when a condom breaks it is because it was put on too tight and not enough room is left at the tip for ejaculation fluids to pool, next time make sure you make the room at the tip and then also check throughout intercourse that the condom is still on and placed correctly.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Worried that one of my test may be positive
Next
please answer, anxiety is ruining my life after brothel encounter

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.