Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

possible to have safe sex using condoma after being diagnosed to have trich
May 29, 2012

i have my boyfriend coming back after two months abroad. in between two months i have been diagnosed for having trich. i've been treated with flagyl and i've got good response to the treatment.i will be having pap and other tests for other infection too. my boyfriend did the same while in abroad. he's coming to see me in a few weeks and we want to have a great time together. until we get cleared from our doctors we decided to abstain from having sex for the mean time.but that doesnt guarantee any possibilities in the future. can condoms really help? what are the risks?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi My expertise is in the HIV arena. Condoms prevent HIV transmission. They do also add protection against other sexually transmitted infections but not all. Condoms are a great alternative to not abstaining.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Blood on bus
Next
mutual masturbation & penis-to-penis frottage - follow up

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.