May 28, 2012
I have a fear about getting HIV
If someone vomited on my hand and there was an open wound on it, is there a chance to get HIV. I hope it is not.
I am waiting for your answer,
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi If there was a large volume of blood present and the wound on your hand occurred just as the person with HIV vomited on your hand and again had a large volume of blood in the vomit, then yes theoretically HIV transmission could occur this way.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Mutual Masturbation?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
- Odds Of Getting HIV Condom Leak
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Risk Of Getting HIV
- Does HIV Cause Penis Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.