i need straight answer please. please shannon
May 28, 2012
I had RNA pcr 18 days post. I had elissa HIV 1/2 ab screen at 15 days and 36 days post negative. I had rapid at at 45 and 55 days post negative. Naat at 55 days negative. I went to er last night was told RNA test for treatment not diagnosis. Elissa tests too early. Rapid not realible. And naat at 55 days too late something about viral load being too low then. Help I'm confused. My primary said 100% not give positive now this I'm worried sick again.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you. If your PCR was negative then so are you.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.