Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

mutual masturbation & penis-to-penis frottage
May 28, 2012

Dear everyone, I am gay and I had an encounter 3 days ago with a guy who had unknown HIV status. What we did was firstly mutual masturbation, followed by a brief 1-2 minutes penis-to-penis forttage (I was holding his and mine in my hand, which I belive I had his pre-cum on my penis from the earlier masturbation I gave him). Then I jerked him off, and when he cum there was no direct semen contact to my penis. No penetration no oral sex at all.

The problem is, the masturbation he gave me was intense and I felt my penis tingling and irritated at that time. Shortly after this, my penis contacted with his pre-cum during the forttage stage. I did not see any visible irritation or abrasion on my penis afterwards, but felt mild irritation in next days.

My question is, assuming this guy is HIV positive, what is the chance he passes it on to me? I have learned from your earlier posts that no documented HIV infection case has been found from only forttage and I belive frottage is safe from HIV, but does this apply to my case especially I have this irritation feeling on my penis? Do I need to take any test or can I pass it and move on? I am worried about this.

Thanks a lot for your kind help in advance and I look forward to your reply!

Sincerely, Jason

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The risk of HIV transmission with your experience is very low. Even with the irritation. There were not any openings on your penis and this would be how HIV could enter if you had his semen on your hand. If you feel there were openings and you masturbated with his semen then yes I would recommend that you receive testing. Again though it is a very small risk but if there were openings then the risk did increase some. The best way to know for sure is to be tested. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Deep kissing and hiv related.
Next
i need straight answer please. please shannon

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.