oral swab tests..+ve , in conclusive ,- ve . Next day blood test EIA non reactive after 3 months.

Hello doctor, I involved in sex with a massage girl on Jan 10 2012. I used condom. I went to massage girl again on April 15 2012. But this time I didn't had sex, i just had massage and hand job with out condom. She also did anal finger for me.(I guess low risk).

I had a oral swab test on April 18 2012 and it came out positve. I explained the volunteer every thing and he re tested me again with oral swab as he thought i am in low risk. This time its inconclusive. He asked me to drink some water and took 3rd oral swab which came out negative.

So I had positive,inconclusive and negative results by oral swab. I went to my doctor next day to get blood test which came out negative. My doctor asked me to get another test after 3 months to make sure.

Is my test enough for my January encounter ? Should I get tested for my April massage after 3 months. Please advice.

Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you. The experience you had in April was not a risk for HIV. I would say that the test you had with the doctor was within the guidelines of testing and you do not need to be tested for your April encounter.

endless testing
If some people take up to 6 months how can you be so sure about 3?