HSv1 on my lip and oral sex with a female.

I have seen countless questions regarding oral sex and I do understand that it carries a very low risk of infection. That being said, I'm ready to join the millions and ask mine....

10 days ago I performed oral sex on a female of unknown status. Earlier in the week I had a cold sore hsv1. The sore had healed and I thought in was in the clear, but after some very rough kissing and performing oral sex on her ( not that it matters but I only used my tongue and stayed outside around the clit area) I went to the bathroom to wash up and I improved some blood on my lip. I immediately freaked out and explained what happens and left. I know a open wound is more sensitive to HIV, and even more with STD's present, but due to the sore was not active and the scab had fallen off help me at all? a day latter I came down with horrible sinus and allergies and went to the doctor 3 days past exposer. I 99.9% believe it was just allergies, but i had chest congestion, Lost my voice, sore throat, nasal drip, mucous, tired and now I have sore joints. But no rash or fever...Any advice?!?

Hi Yes oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and yes if you have an open wound your chances increase "some". It would depend on her status and if she had HIV what her viral load was but even then the chances of transmission are very very small. Other sexually transmitted infections could have been present and/or you could have just picked up a cold or other viral infection.

Of course testing for HIV is your only true way to know. The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you.

hiv test accuracy
What causes pain and muscle vibrations in extremities?